Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Casserole Soup

Must have been that hash brown casserole I made last night. Sorta kinda ticked me off that the thing would never gel. What I should have told the parents, "oven fried chicken, corn on the cob, okra, and hash brown soup". Should of taken a picture of it. Maybe I'll go back over to mama's refrigerator and snap one for ya.


Heading out to Folkston tomorrow with my father for a relatives funeral. His father's side of the family is from that area and it's located in the southeastern part of the state. Afterward, we will check out the ghost town of Newell where he was raised as a small child. It will be interesting to see where he was raised! Sure nothing is left.

Yep, I was right. My father is pointing to the area where his Grandfather's commissary once stood. Their house once stood to the left of the commissary close to the trees. To the right and back of the commissary was their turpentine steel.






Look what I got last weekend. Ever since I saw them in an older friend's house twelve years ago, I have always remembered them and wanted them. She is selling her house, downsizing to a condo, and was about to have an estate sale. Made a phone call and walla a set of eight abalone glasses are mine. The story is, she purchased them in Mexico and hand carried them on the flight back.




Working on a project, I'll tell you later. Gotta get ready for work!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog Dawson!~so happy you started it! YEAH! Those glasses are beautiful! I'm so happy you were able to get them before she had her sale... Oh wow~looking forward to seeing photos of your yummy meals, "things", places you go, people you know, where you live, your artistic side! XO

    ReplyDelete