Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Back to the Basement

Last week while I was in my basement searching through boxes for old photos, I came across a red tool box.  That is when it hit,  flashback - 1990. Savannah, river street, Mrs. Wilkes - you'd never eat at Paula Deens again, college, Crystal Beer Parlor, techno music, piggly wiggly, Pinky Masters, etc............
Back then, I was a student at The Savannah College of Art and Design studying Historic Preservation. I took an elective course in jewelry design.  Roxanne Reep was the professor that taught the course and oh boy did she make it fun.  As a matter of fact, I took the second course the very next quarter.  Inside the tool box was all of my jewelry making tools.  It was really amazing that I had forgotten about the red tool box and it's supplies.

 The forgotten red tool box and it's supplies.

This find has me thinking about starting to design and create jewelry, once again.  I'm sure that I will be giving the tools from this box a work over.

Now, on to the next blog.............


1 comment:

  1. YEAAAHHHHH! Great news! I'm so happy to hear that you will be desgning and making jewelry! wonderful! Can't WAIT to see... and wear! :)
    I've heard of Mr. Wilkes Boarding HOuse and have some of her recipes in a cookbook somewhere. Oh, I think one some are in the Savannah Junior League one that is about to fall apart. I love that town. Have stayed at the Riverstreet Inn MANY times and would love to go back. Do you like pralines? I can make them... please advise. :)

    ReplyDelete