Sunday, June 20, 2010

Project Cumberland

Earlier, I had mentioned about a project that I am working on. That project involves Cumberland Island National Seashore. Ever since my first visit to the island as a boy scout in the late 1970's, I have been intrigued by the ruins, fascinated by the architecture, and this essentially became my passion.

I'm the one on the right.
ness ruins were once a mansion owned by a Littlefield. Hummmmm, little did I realized at the time that little kin I was, and the ruins were of the Carnegie's residence and not that of Catharine Littlefield Greene Miller's residence. Below is an old postcard of Dungeness which is from a collection that I have.

Imagine a father telling his son that the Dunge

Dungeness before the fire.

My family at Dungeness in 1968.
View of the ruins in 1986.
I will be getting into the history of Dungeness and other structures at a later date. First I need to discuss an urgent pressing matter that needs your attention.


1 comment:

  1. Dawson, I want to link to this from my blog... SOrry to be behind, just found this lovely post. Let me know if it's NOT okay. XO

    ReplyDelete